We asked and you answered: What would you like to see more of on the blog? DIY'S! Well here you go our lovely readers!
No offense to the greeting card companies, but sometimes you just need something a little more... personal. Homemade touches make even the simplest gift or shortest note feel special, so we whipped up a quick tutorial for a cheery hand-stitched card. It's easy to customize and personalize, and the best part is that you probably have all the necessary supplies right at home! So what are you waiting for? Let's get started!
What you need:
1. Fold a piece of card stock in fourths to make the body of the card.
2. Cut triangle shapes out of your colored paper to make the pennant banner. Don't worry about being too exact- a little unevenness adds character!
3. Glue the triangles to the front of your card in the rough shape of a banner.
4. Unfold the cardstock and pre-punch holes where you want to add the stitches. You can mark these out with pencil first, or just go for it like I did! I would at least make sure there is a hole on each end of the banner.
5. Then just make a knot in the end of your thread and start sewing! My thread was pretty thin so I doubled it up to be more visible, but you may not need to.
6. When you're done sewing, double knot your thread and trim the ends. I left the ends on the outside of the card as little tassels, but you can do it however you want.
7. You're done! Add a little note inside and mail it off!
We would love to give you more of what you are asking for, feel free to leave us a comment telling us what else you would like to see on this here blog!