Searching...

And Now, a Sweet Treat

I would love to write a post about some really healthy meal but to be honest I am on a serious sugar kick right now. I have been pouring over my mother's recipes and pinterest for some of the most amazing desserts. I finally found a dessert that I KNOW you will just die for and will probably hate me for it later because they are addicting. 

So what dessert am I talking about? I'm talking about Oreo Truffles. I am sure there are plenty of recipes out there but this one is just so simple that they get made often in my house (not that my husband minds one bit). So here you go, the simplest way I know to give a chocolate lover an awesome yet serious chocolate high!



Here is the recipe:


1 package (16 ounce) of Oreos
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese
2 (8 ounce) packages of baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate



Oreo Truffles

1. Crush 36 cookies (yes 36 exactly) in a blender or you can do it like my mom and put them in a bag and use a rolling pin to crush them. I chose a blender but both work awesome!





2. Start melting your baking chocolate now so it can be ready to be dipped. There are many ways you can melt your chocolate like melting in the microwave (which I did for quick use) or you can do it on the stove but be SUPER careful so you don't burn your chocolate. You can use a double broiler technique to make sure you don't burn it. Whichever way you choose make sure it is not burned otherwise it will be ruined.



3. Put your crushed Oreos in a bowl with your package of cream cheese and mix them together.




4. Roll the Oreo/cream cheese mixture into 22 balls (yes, 22 I know I'm throwing weird numbers at you but trust me).




5. Dip your Oreo balls into the melted chocolate and place on wax paper on a cookie sheet.  Crush the remaining Oreos and sprinkle on top of the Oreo balls. 




6. Refrigerate them until they are firm which will be about an hour.

7. Then is the best part! You get to DEVOUR them and regret it later. Hope you get the chocolate kick I was talking about!

And don't forget to comment and tell us how they turned out.


Have an AWESOME day!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!