Searching...

Watermelon Wonderful

Did you know that everyone's favorite tiered and scalloped lace dress confection is now available for pre-order in pretty pink?




Best news you've had all day?

Me, too.

But to make it better, here is a pretty and pink watermelon salad recipe. Perfect for the warm weather I hope all of you will be enjoying this weekend. The original has some ingredients I always omit (because I find tomatoes disgusting and I think most people feel the same way about radishes as well), so this is how I make it. But, if you're a purist, follow the link.

Chopped Veggie Salad with Watermelon from Epicurious (modified by me)

1 1/2 cups diced and seeded watermelon (but really, just use as much as you want)
1 large green bell pepper (though I have also used yellow and orange and it's been equally delicious)
1/2 large cucumber, cubed
3 TB olive oil, divided
10 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
2 green onions, chopped and divded
1/4 cup thinly sliced mint leaves, divided
1/2 cup plain Greek-style yogurt

Toss first five ingredients and 2 TB olive oil in a bowl. (We like to use a fancy bowl or a really colorful bowl, because that just seems like the right thing to do. I've also served this in a trifle dish. True story.) Add half of the cheese, green onions and mint. Mix remaining cheese, onion, mint and oil in food processor or blender. Add yogurt and process just to blend. You don't want it to get too thin. Toss with salad. Blow your mind.

I can already see myself enjoying a fancy watermelon salad in a fancy bowl wearing this fancy dress. What favorite pink food would you pair with it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!