Searching...

Christmas Kitchen

My Christmas baking has been sort of a mixed bag this year (Nutella cupcakes were a win, pecan pie was a big fail), so tonight I decided to fall back on a classic favorite, these chewy chocolate gingerbread cookies from Martha Stewart.




In short, I adore these cookies. I have made them approximately 1,000 times and they always come out just right. Everyone I have ever fed them to has loved them, and they are just unique enough that people think you're really fancy. But secretly they are the easiest cookie ever.

I never plan far enough ahead to chill the dough, but that's never caused me any problems. I think it's really just so it's easier to roll, though I would really know because (all together now) I never plan far enough ahead to try.

It is also often the case that I don't have any fresh ginger on hand, so I just add some extra ground ginger and they still taste delicious, a holiday and every day favorite.

Give them a try and let me know what you think.
And tell me, what are your go-to holiday recipes?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!