The rules are the same and simple as ever.
1. Design a dress. You definitely DO NOT have to be a professional designer, or an artist, or a seamstress or anything like that. Just think of what you would want to wear and put it down on paper the best you can.
2. Put up a sketch, computer drawing or photograph of your design on your own personal blog, with a post that includes the words "dress design for Shabby Apple dresses." The words "Shabby Apple dresses" should be a link back to our site (http://www.shabbyapple.com/). Don't forget this step! Posts without a link back to our site will not be considered.
3. Also include some ideas for fabrics and colors in your post, and tell us about your design inspiration.
4. Once your post is up and running and just the way you like it, send an e-mail to email@example.com with the direct link to your entry post.
5. Remember that the dress you design should adhere to Shabby Apple standards. That means it should have sleeves and a hemline to the knee, and let's leave the cleavage out of it, shall we? (I mean, come on, your grandma could be reading this!)
6. Dresses should also be appropriate for the Spring season.
7. If your dress is chosen, it will become part of Shabby Apple's next spring line! Fame! Fortune! You will be responsible for getting a sample made, but not to worry if you can't make one yourself. We'll hook you up with the resources you need.
Now, the rules. And you know how cranky I get when you don't follow the rules, so read carefully. If you please.
1. The contest is underway RIGHT NOW and entries can be submitted up to 11:59 EST on October 15, 2010. I will stay up that late and watch the entries come in, so don't even think of sneaking one by me.
2. Our favorite 15 entries will be posted on this here blog by October 22, 2010.
3. Then you, dear readers, will have a chance to vote on your favorite. Whoever has the most votes by November 15, 2010 will be the big winner! And that big winner will be announced November 22nd. (It takes me that long to count all the votes, you see.)
So, what's in it for you, you might be wondering? Well, I am glad you asked. Your dress will become part of the Shabby Apple Spring collection, and the winner will also receive a 3% royalty on every dress sold of his or her design. I told you: fame AND fortune!
Just because we love you that much.
The clock is ticking, so get sketching my little designing friends!
I dare you!