Searching...

Going Once, Going Twice...



I have finally accepted that cold weather is here. Which means I have finally started the laborious process of packing up my summer clothes and getting out my winter clothes. (Silver lining: I am so glad to see you again, boots and sweaters!)

And all of this means that I have, inevitably, come across plenty of clothes that I should have gotten rid of a long time ago. Out of sight, out of mind, you know? But now that they are threatening to take up precious closet space, I think it's time to set them free.

Goodwill or the D.I. are always good options for unloading old clothes (and just about old everything else), but if you're looking to score some cash off your hand-me-downs, here are some helpful hints. I am particularly intrigued by Poshmark, a free online app that lets you take pictures and put your clothes up for sale in a matter of minutes. If you're planning on making a habit out of selling old clothes, you can also set up a more formal shop.

To help increase your profits, good photos of your merchandise are key. Be sure photos are clear and showcase the item well, and consider posting both photos of the item by itself and photos of you or someone else wearing it so potential buyers can see how it fits and looks on a real body.

And, with all that new room in your closet, you might consider re-stocking your winter wardrobe with some new duds from Shabby Apple.

Maybe a supple, soft, flattering gray sweater-dress?



A classic tweed skirt on bottom and sweet secretary collar on top?



Or a slinky sequin skirt for a jump start on holiday party wear?



The options are endless! And now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go clear out some room in my closet.

1 comments:

 
Back to top!