Searching...

You Are What You Wear

The other day at work, I was wearing this ruffled skirted dress.



With a seersucker blazer over it.

And one of my co-workers said to me, "I wish I was young enough to pull off clothes like that, still."

And I said, "Well, I am actually not *that* young."

And I dropped the bomb.

I'm 30.

And she was incredulous.

"I thought you were just 23! Twenty-four at the most!" she said.

And then I didn't know whether to be flattered (who doesn't want to look younger?) or offended, because I always wonder if people assuming that I am younger than I am in a professional setting means that I somehow behave unprofessionally.

I know you can't really offer me any insight on this, seeing as we don't work together (though wouldn't that be fun?!?) but I think we can all agree that our clothes do send a message. And maybe the message my clothes send is, "I'm a recently graduated college student." But I'm not giving up that dress, so I guess I'll just have to embrace it.

If you are interested in what your favorite clothes say about you, check this out. Most of it rings pretty true to me.

Stripes = practical? Makes sense.



Maxi skirt = easygoing. I'll buy that.



Bright colors = energetic. Sure!



But what do you think? Do you dress for your mood or persionality? Which look, or combination of looks, is your favorite? And what do you think it says about you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!