Searching...

Color Me Yours

Bright bottoms, especially colored denim, are hot in a big way right now, and I am not always a fan. I think colored denim can look tacky and weird (I've seen Fergie in some particularly bad variations), but I love the way the girl in the middle of this picture pulls it off.


{Image from The Sartorialist}

First of all, she picked a great color. Three cheers for fuschia! It matches the season and it's bold but tasteful at the same time. I also love how she lets the pants speak for themselves, by pairing them with simple black sandals and a classic white shirt. The subtle details on the shirt, like the ruffles and buttons on the front, have just enough edge without being overwhelming.

It gives me hope for bright pants after all.

(Plus, I totally want to ride bikes with that girl.)

What do you think of colored denim?

A flop? Or totally fab?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!