Searching...

Slim Fast

I know it might be hard for some of you stuck in the snow to believe (sorry, Salt Lakers!), but swimsuit season is nearly upon us!

Even though I crave warm weather all Winter long, I find that it creeps up on me every year. One minute I am enjoying sugar cookies for dinner, and the next I am trying to put on a swimsuit without crying.

Who's with me?

(Someone? Please?)

So you don't suffer the same fate, here is the first in a series of summer slim-down tips, courtesy of OK! Weekly magazine. (Yes, I get it, I read it and I do not feel badly about it. So there.)

Diet: Cut out coffee (And Diet Coke, too).
And try some green tea instead. While coffee elevates stress and increases cravings, green tea has the opposite effect. Also replace artificial sweeteners with honey or agave, and be sure to drink plenty of water. Your body can sometimes mistake thirst for hunger.

Workout: Start strength training.
Instead of hating every minute on the treadmill, start with two days a week of total-body strength training. Weight training will help you slim down and building muscle will speed up your metabolism so you keep burning calories even after your workout is over.

Motivation: Set a realistic goal.
A pound a week is a good place to start, but shedding weight doesn't have to be your main motivation. Any small lifestyle change will add up to a noticeable difference wherever you want to see it most.

There now, that wasn't so bad. Right?
What are your summer-ready fitness tips?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!