It's just a little contest whereby you could have a dress of your very own genius design featured as part of the Shabby Apple Spring line. And then earn a 3 percent royalty on all of your dress that sell. (Which, because you are all so genius, would be many.)
Do you dare learn more!
Then I give you...
To accept this fabulous dare, follow these simple steps.
1. Design a dress. And there is no need to worry if you are not a "designer." Whatever idea pops into your head is an idea we want to see.
2. Post a sketch, picture or computer drawing of your creation on your personal blog and tell us a little about it. Your post should include the tag "dress design for Shabby Apple dresses" and the words "Shabby Apple dresses" should link your readers right back here, to www.shabbyapple.com.
3. Also in your post, tell us about what inspired your design, and what colors and fabrics you think would be best for your dress.
4. Once your post is up and running, e-mail us as email@example.com and let us know where to find you. (Be sure to include the direct link to your post, not just a link to your whole blog. Not that I don't love scrolling through pictures of family vacations, but...)
5. Be sure your dress adheres to Shabby Apple design standards. That's sleeves, at least a knee-length hemline and no cleavage, please! Also make sure your design is appropriate for the Spring season.
6. If your dress is chosen, you'll be responsible for getting a sample and pattern made. But, no need to panic. We'll help you out with that part.
Here is the schedule.
The Dare to Design contest starts today! Right now!
Entries must be submitted by November 3, 2009 at 11:59p.m., Eastern Standard Time. And I just might stay up late to watch the entries come in, so no funny business. Deal?
Our 15 favorite designs will be posted on this here blog by November 10, 2009.
Then it will your turn, dear readers, to vote for your favorite design. (And in the interest of my continuing good will, let's keep it to one vote each. Deal?)
Voting will close November 24, 2009 and the winning design will be announced back here on December 10, 2009.
And now for the answer to your most burning question: What's in it for me?
Well, in two words, A LOT.
For one, your design will become part of the Shabby Apple Spring line of fabulous dresses. Hello, instant fame!
And on the fortune side of things, the winner will receive a 3 percent royalty on every dress sold of his or her design.
I quadruple-dog-dare you to do it. I know you want to. And I know you can.