Searching...

Head(ed) In The Right Direction

I have been growing out my hair for the wedding (30 days!) but the fact of the matter is, it will not be that long, so I've been weighing my options over the last several weeks as far as wedding hair is concerned. Namely, I have been agonizing over what kind of headpiece I wanted. I have probably spent the equivalent of a full 40-hour work week looking through every single thing on Twigs and Honey, over and over, and over again.



At first I was thinking I might go with a birdcage veil. Those always seem like a good option for short hair.



There is, of course, the traditional birdcage veil: minimalist, chic, lovely.













But I was also quite taken with this double-layer birdcage veil. I really liked the varied texture and extra oomph.











But then I decided that I didn't want anything over my eyes.



So then, I toyed around for a while with this modern twist on the birdcage veil.











In the end, though, I decided it was a little too weird and didn't really fit the vibe of my dress.



So, back to the drawing board it was.



One easy solution seemed to be a simple feathered headband, like this one.











But that felt a little too simple. Plus my dress is ivory. Plus my dress has a lot of layers and flounce already, and something about a feather in my hair made me worry that it would look like a costume. Which is not the aesthetic I am going for.



And then, it happened.



I found this double-banded rhinestone tiara and all my woes were over.









I definitely had to work up to the idea of spending that amount of money on a headpiece, but I got it in the mail a couple weeks ago, and it is just right. It is fancy without being over the top, and the tone and colors are a perfect fit for the rest of my ensemble. I am ever so pleased.



Now I just have to figure out what to do with my hair itself. Lots of pins for an artsy up-do? Soft curls for a romantic down-do? Whatever it is, I definitely do not want to have to worry about it and mess around with it for the whole day.



Can you help?

What is your favorite hair for an off-white wedding?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!