Searching...

Turkey Trot

I just finished the last of my Thanksgiving leftovers today. Today. Yes, today.

And don't think that means that I haven't already started eating delicious Christmas treats like gingerbread cookies and chocolate-c0vered everything.

We can all agree that the holidays are a little rough on the waistline, and there are all kinds of tips out there to help you keep from... ahem... tipping the scales. But how to do it in style? Luckily, there are some new items in the Shabby Apple fitness line, Albion, that can help you with that.

Behold!





This is our very own Mary Braun, our lady in red, modeling the Goddess Pose tank, Hero shirt, and Sleeping Vishnu bermuda, with her sister-in-law Carrie, rocking the Flying Crow jacket. These fearless athletes are beat the holiday gluttony with the St. George Turkey Tri. That's a 400 meter swim, a 10 mile bike ride and a 5K run. Let's give them a round of applause!

In Mary's words:

I think the best take-away message of this whole thing was that we are probably more capable of things than we give ourselves credit for. I'm not a particularly athletic person (although I have always loved recreational sports like skiing and hiking). Training for a triathlon was hard work, but doing it with someone I trusted and loved made me excited to do it, plus showed me that I was actually good at swimming and biking and running. Plus, it got a lot of other women interested-- probably thinking, if Mary Braun can do it, I can, too! And they can!

So, there you have it. Adorable work-out clothes and a cheerleader named Mary to boot. That's right, Christmas just came early.

What do you think of the new items from Albion, and what are you doing to keep off the seasonal gain?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!