Searching...

The Wish-It-Was-Glass Ceiling

I am moving into a new house this weekend and I probably could not be more excited. For one thing, I have been crashing with relatives for the past year and some change (don't judge me), so all my beloved paintings and dishes and photographs have been all boxed up. The thought of seeing them again gives me enough joy to make my head explode.

There are also so many things to love about the new house itself. A bonus room off the living room where I can keep my sewing machine! A front yard with planters! A back yard with a deck! A kitchen with so many wonderful cabinets! A roommate I can't wait to live with!

There is just one downside. The ceiling downstairs is sort of awful. It's made out of these weird tiles that are sort of bumpy and cheap-looking, and clearly an addition/modification to the house's original glory. We really hate them and have been brainstorming ways to disguise them. Maybe we could affix brightly colored paper to a series of tiles and lessen the impact? Maybe a big, funky light fixture would distract people enough?

And then one Ms. Laura Brown sent us this idea from one Ms. Melissa Esplin of I Still Love You.

Here was a horrible ceiling before:




And here it is after:




Pretty awesome, huh? We are not sure our ceiling is high enough to execute this easy fix without making it seem like we live in a sofa fort, but it's certainly worth a try.

What do you think of this quick and easy DIY fix? And what would you do to disguise a yucky ceiling?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!