Searching...

Easy as Trifle

There are plenty more fantastic Paris-themed posts coming your way, including a guide to all things foodie, but as I was sitting out on my office roof deck eating lunch today in the gorgeous sun (have I made that experience sound appealing enough?) I started day-dreaming about fancy summer picnics and gorgeous summer fruit...







... and I was reminded of this trifle recipe, which is a perfect fit for both of those things. So I thought I would share.

I actually made this trifle for Easter dinner. It was my first trifle ever and not a single thing went wrong, which gives me the utmost confidence that absolutely anyone in the world could make this without any problems. The trickiest part is getting your hands on a trifle dish. I got mine at Crate and Barrell.

And the rest is easy as, well, trifle.

Here you go.

Three-Berry Lemon Trifle

Ingredients:

1 (14 ounce) can fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 ounce) carton non-fat reduced sugar lemon yogurt
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix, prepared and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup fresh raspberries
2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted


Directions:

1. In a large bowl, combine the milk, yogurt, lemon juice and peel. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping.

2. In a 3-qt. trifle bowl or deep salad bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, a third of the lemon mixture and all of the strawberries. Repeat cake and lemon mixture layers. Top with blueberries and remaining cake cubes and lemon mixture. Sprinkle with raspberries.

3. Spread remaining whipped topping over berries; sprinkle with almonds. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.

See? Simple. Easy. Done and Done.

My final result looked like this:




Give it a try and let us know how your final result comes out!
And tell us, what is your favorite summer recipe?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!