Searching...

Year In Closet Review

The always delightful Reagan Breinholt of Reagan's Blob Hooray! did a post recently about the clothes that she loved wearing the most in 2010 and, before it becomes too distant of a memory I thought we should do the same thing. Because, I mean, doesn't that sound fun?

Yes?

I'll go first.

{And, my advance apologies for these slightly less-than-stellar quality phone photos. But, you do what you can, right?}

Numero Uno.
These shoes (Seychelles via Anthropologie) were my hands-down favorite item of the whole year, even though I didn't get them until December. One reason I love them so much is because I only paid $35 for them, even though they were $118 to start with. So, score there. I also love that they are completely unusual, that they have bows and that they sparkle. And that I can get away with wearing them to work. I especially love that.




Numero Dos.
Scarves, scarves and more scarves! In fact, we have a whole wall of scarves at our house. This is just a small sampling. It got really super cold here early on this winter and I only have so many winter coats, but I have a whole wall of scarves to keep things from getting dull. The colorful stripes and red checks have been my go-tos.




Numero Tres.
This cozy flannel (Target) has been my weekend staple this year. Or, I guess I should say, it was my weekend staple last year. I wear a graphic t-shirt or a striped long-sleeved shirt under it, and sometimes a sweater over it, and I am good to go for just about anything. I even wore it to see Jon Stewart storm the National Mall earlier this Fall.



See?




Numero Cuatro.
I love this sweater (Anthropologie) because it is sort of a shape-shifter. You wear it with jeans and some patterned boots and it's a casual, ruffled sweater. Or you wear it with dress pants or a suit skirt and some pumps and it almost has you convinced that it's a soft, comfy blazer. In short, it's another work-to-play number, and I can't get enough of those.




Numero Cinco.
I, of course, have to include my favorite Shabby Apple dress of the year, which is this snappy black dress from the All That Jazz line. The top fits snugly and flattering-ly and the rosettes on the skirt are to die for. This one came to me late in the year as well, but it was totally worth the wait.




All right, I showed you my 2010 favorites. Tell me about yours!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!