Searching...

Fly Girl

{BCBG Max Azaria cardigan from Macys.com}



For the past few months I have been obsessing over flyaway cardigans. I love them. I can't really say why, exactly. Maybe it's the creative, hipper twist on an old favorite. Maybe it's that they are so flattering on everyone. Maybe it's because flyaway cardigans are "trendy," to be sure, but I don't think they'll ever actually be out of style. Or maybe it's because Little J. was wearing a totally stylin' striped flyaway cardigan with an edgy rock T-shirt a few episodes ago on "Gossip Girl" and I wanted to look just like that. All the time. Urban. Effortless. Totally cool.


So, I finally went and got a few flyaway cardigans of my own. (One awesome thing ab0ut a down economy is that I don't feel guilty about shopping anymore. It's my patriotic duty!) I think the thing I really do love most about this particular wardrobe item is the versatility. Throw it over a tank or a T-shirt and jeans for flawless weekend casual, pair it with a pencil skirt and a wide belt for office chic, or put it over a summer dress to get some mileage out of off-season clothes. The options are really endless.


And the styles are, too. Check out Express.com for some bold stripes, or here for a slightly softer flyaway cardigan design, or here for a heavier, more textured sweater.


Then tell us, have you caught the flyaway fever?

And what is your favorite way to wear your new wardrobe staple?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!