Searching...

Something (Royal) Blue

Did you wake up and watch the royal wedding? After my full-blown obsession, I am a little embarrassed to say that I slept through the whole thing, but I did spend the whole (work)day Friday looking at pictures and videos and reading just about everything I could get my hands on.

Basically I thought it was perfect, from the dress to the hats to the carriage to the prince to the sweet balcony kiss.

Swoon.

One of my favorite tidbits was that Kate Middleton (Her Royal Highness now, I suppose) followed the "something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue" tradition, which I love.

The old was the antique lace used as the overlay of her (stunning!) dress. The new was a pair of leaf-shaped diamond earrings from her parents. The borrowed was a tiara, lent by the Queen herself (would that we were all so lucky) and the blue was a blue ribbon sewed to the inside of her (stunning!) dress.

Classy as always, Princess Catherine.

Tiaras and diamond earrings are probably out for us commoners, but I did get to thinking that a smokin' pair of blue shoes might be a snazzy way to go.

Like maybe these embellished flats for an all-night party (because, you know, Prince Harry is really into those).




Or perhaps a subtle pair of pumps for a more understated affair.






And I might be a little in love with these modern peep toes, which could spice up a wedding dress or any other everyday ensemble.





What about you, my faithful royal watchers?
What was your favorite part of the wedding?
And what would you pick for your something old, new, borrowed and blue?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!